Weatherproofing Sealant SL868 Silicone Caulk for Windows and Doors - CTG
- KORESEAL SL868 is an one component, neutral curing (oxime) silicone rubber basedsealant with outstanding adhesion to general exterior materials of the building.
- Sealing of aluminum curtain wall joint. (Not for SSG)
- Joint of aluminum complex panel.
- Sealing in constructions work such as windows and doors.
- Sealing of assembly panel constructions for PCM steel.
3. Main Properties
- 1-Component & Non-slump / Good Adhesion to most substrates / Good weatherability and gun workability regardless of seasons
- Excellent weatherability
- Excellent workability
- SL868 Weatherseal for Building Exterior 300ml Plastic Cartridge & Nozzle
- Tested at 23 ℃, 50 % relative humidity
- ASTM : American Society for Testing and Materials Notice
- These property values are tested in a lab condition. They might be changed by testing and storage conditions.
7. Available Colors
8. How to use
- CLEAN ALL JOINT SURFACE - Clean all substrate surface and regarding dust oil, frost and any contaminants Wipe polluted parts using solvent and a piece of cloth. Do not use detergent, soap and water.
- INSTALL BACK-UP MATERIALS - Backer rod materials such as closed cell polyethylene type can be used as the base of the joint to control sealant depth.
- MASK ADJACENT SURFACE WITH MASKING TAPE - Masking tape will ensure a clean, neat appearance and reduce clean up by protecting surrounding areas from excess sealant.
- PRIMING - Primer may be needed for optimum adhesion to some substrate surface.
- APPLYING SEALANT -Applying sealant deeply into joint. Sealant must be filled into the joint cavity perfectly.
- TOOL SEALANT - Tool sealant immediately after sealant application. It helps to provide smooth and flat finish and to ensure that the sealant wets the sides of the joint without any voids.
- REMOVE MASKING TAPE - Remove masking tape prior to forming sealant surface skins.
- CLEANING - Clean all stuffs around sealant cure area and do not touch when sealant is curing.
9. Handling Precautions
- Use at room temperature in the range of 30 to 80 % relative humidity.
- Time for complete cure is depend on the thickness of sealant applied.
- Adhesion may decline in case of the substrate contaminated. For the best adhesion, clean surfaces thoroughly with solvent before applying the product.
- Wear eye protection and protective gloves when handling this product.
- Maintain adequate ventilation in the work place at all times.
- Keep in place that child’s hand does not touch and never ingest or do not touch in skin
- Keep or do work at neighborhood of heat or fire.
- Do not use besides service. / Do not inflict shock in receptacle.
- Avoid direct ray of light and keep in state that is tightly shut in place that moisture is less.
- Do not mixing with other products.
- Wash your skins cleanly after work.
- As change in quality can be at long term storage, use in validity.
- Do not use defected back-up materials. It might induce air bubble.
|Purpose of Use||Bathtub and sink||General Purpose||Fire protection areas||Sealing welds rivet||Joints windows wall||Sealing composite panel joints|
|Appearance||Soft paste||Soft paste||Soft paste||Soft paste||Soft paste||Soft paste|
|Tack free time||Max. 10 minutes||Max. 10 minutes||Max. 60 minute||Max. 30 minutes||Max. 10 minutes||Max. 30 minute|
|Specific gravity||1.02 ± 0.1||1.43 ± 0.1||1.43 ± 0.1||1.44 ± 0.1||1.38 ± 0.1||1.41 ± 0.1|
|Tensile strength||Approx. 1.0 N/㎟||Approx. 1.0 N/㎟||Approx. 2.0 N/㎟||Approx. 2.7 N/㎟||Approx. 1.0 N/㎟||Approx. 1.2 N/㎟|
|Elongation||Approx. 650 %||Approx. 450 %||Approx. 500 %||Approx. 600 %||Approx. 650 %||Approx. 400 %|
|Packing||300ml Cartridge||300ml Cartridge||300ml Cartridge||300ml Cartridge||500ml Al sausage||500ml Al sausage|
11. Safety and Storage
- Store in original unopened containers in a dry place. Temperature should not exceed 25 ℃ for prolonged periods. (Recommended at 5 ~ 25 ℃)
- Please, refer product MSDS for more details regarding safety information.
We Also Recommend
Structural Glazing Sealant SL819 Gray Silicone Caulk Structural Sealant Glazing(SSG) for curtain-wall construction
Non-staining sealant SL999 Gray Silicone Caulk Sealing of Stone Panel Joint Aluminum Panel and Composite Panel Joints