Fireproofing QS119R Silicone Caulk For Fireproofing & Waterproofing - CTG
- KORESEAL QS119R is a one-component, room temperature vulcanizing(RTV) and ALKOXY curing silicone rubber based sealant with outstanding adhesion and very good weathering resistance. FIRE-KORESEAL QS 119R is a CERTIFICATES OF ASTM E 84, ASTM E 119 etc.
- Joint sealing in fire-stop area such as commercial building, office building and etc.
- Joint sealing of ducts, drywalls and cable trays and etc.
- 1 Component & Non-slump. / Easy to work. / Excellent weathering resistance. / Excellent fire resistance performance
- QS119R Fireproofing Sealant 300ml Plastic Cartridge & Nozzle
- Tested at 23 ℃, 50 % relative humidity
- ASTM : American Society for Testing and Materials Notice
- These property values are tested in a lab condition. They might be changed by testing and storage conditions.
6. Available Colors
7. How to use
- CLEAN ALL JOINT SURFACE - Clean all substrate surface and regarding dust oil, frost and any contaminants Wipe polluted parts using solvent and a piece of cloth. Do not use detergent, soap and water.
- INSTALL BACK-UP MATERIALS - Backer rod materials such as closed cell polyethylene type can be used as the base of the joint to control sealant depth.
- MASK ADJACENT SURFACE WITH MASKING TAPE - Masking tape will ensure a clean, neat appearance and reduce clean up by protecting surrounding areas from excess sealant.
- PRIMING - Primer may be needed for optimum adhesion to some substrate surface.
- APPLYING SEALANT -Applying sealant deeply into joint. Sealant must be filled into the joint cavity perfectly.
- TOOL SEALANT - Tool sealant immediately after sealant application. It helps to provide smooth and flat finish and to ensure that the sealant wets the sides of the joint without any voids.
- REMOVE MASKING TAPE - Remove masking tape prior to forming sealant surface skins.
- CLEANING - Clean all stuffs around sealant cure area and do not touch when sealant is curing.
QS119R should not be applied :
- To building materials of adhesive hindrance or discoloration that bleed oil, plasticizer or solvent and so on.
- In totally confined spaces.
- When substrate surface temperatures exceed 50 ℃ and under 5 ℃.
- To wet surface (on frost-laden or damp surfaces).
- Humid day(over 85% relative humidity day).
- For continuous immersion in water or in below-grade applications.
- Surface in direct contact with food. Region that paint is required to sealant.
- For continuous high pressure and high temperature.
- Interior fire prevention section. * Please, check the required properties and class of certification
- Joint region that where is expected by physical friction.
- Not recommended for use on polycarbonate plastic sheeting, self-cleaning glass, non-staining fluorine coating suitability for use on other type of plastic should be tested prior to application.
- Structural glazing
9. Comparison Chart
|Purpose of Use||Bathtub and sink||Structural glazing||General Purpose||Sealing welds rivet||Building Exterior||Sealing composite panel joints|
|Appearance||Soft paste||Soft paste||Soft paste||Soft paste||Soft paste||Soft paste|
|Tack free time||Max. 10 minutes||Max. 60 minute||Max. 10 minute||Max. 30 minutes||Max. 30 minutes||Max. 30 minute|
|Specific gravity||1.02 ± 0.1||1.33 ± 0.1||1.43 ± 0.1||1.44 ± 0.1||1.28 ± 0.1||1.41 ± 0.1|
|Tensile strength||Approx. 1.0 N/㎟||Approx. 1.36 N/㎟||Approx. 1.0 N/㎟||Approx. 2.7 N/㎟||Approx. 1.3 N/㎟||Approx. 1.2 N/㎟|
|Elongation||Approx. 650 %||Approx. 300 %||Approx. 450 %||Approx. 600 %||Approx. 450 %||Approx. 400 %|
|Packing||300ml Cartridge||300ml Cartridge||300ml Cartridge||300ml Cartridge||500ml Al sausage||500ml Al sausage|
10. Handling Precautions
- Use at room temperature in the range of 30 to 80 % relative humidity.
- Time for complete cure is depend on the thickness of sealant applied.
- Adhesion may decline in case of the substrate contaminated. For the best adhesion, clean surfaces thoroughly with solvent before applying the product.
- Wear eye protection and protective gloves when handling this product.
- Maintain adequate ventilation in the work place at all times.
- Keep in place that child’s hand does not touch and never ingest or do not touch in skin
- Keep or do work at neighborhood of heat or fire.
- Do not use besides service. / Do not inflict shock in receptacle.
- Avoid direct ray of light and keep in state that is tightly shut in place that moisture is less.
- Do not mixing with other products.
- Wash your skins cleanly after work.
- As change in quality can be at long term storage, use in validity.
- Do not use defected back-up materials. It might induce air bubble.
11. Safety and Storage
- Store in original unopened containers in a dry place. Temperature should not exceed 25 ℃ for prolonged periods. (Recommended at 5 ~ 25 ℃)
- Please, refer product MSDS for more details regarding safety information.
We Also Recommend
Structural Glazing Sealant SL819 Gray Silicone Caulk Structural Sealant Glazing(SSG) for curtain-wall construction
Non-staining sealant SL999 Gray Silicone Caulk Sealing of Stone Panel Joint Aluminum Panel and Composite Panel Joints